Baker Model ABXX Single Head
Model Number: Baker Model ABXX Single Head
Download PDF Brochure
The Baker “ABXX” Band Resaw is designed to maximize grade lumber production, while taking up very little space and remaining competitively priced.
The Baker “ABXX” features a 16”-wide cutting capacity. Utilizing a thin-kerf band blade, this saw wastes a minimal amount of your valuable raw material and leaves a relatively smooth finish. The headrig can be manually adjusted up or down, while the conveyor stays at a fixed height. Because the conveyor belt stays at a fixed height, it is easier to interchange and integrate with other material handling systems in your facility. The versatile yet economical Model “ABXX” is perfect for those who need to produce quality grade lumber efficiently.
• Accepts material up to 16” x 12” and uses a 16”-wide conveyor
• 28” dynamically balanced solid metal band wheels
• Baker’s exclusive guide plate and guide wheel system holds blade securely
• 0.072” kerf (using Lenox® WoodMaster™ blades)?
• Simple and easy to operate
• Versatility: Rip lumber, cut grade lumber from squares coming right from the sawmill, even make angled cuts!
• Variable feed speed from 0-95 feet (0-29 m) per minute
• Compact footprint (56”/1.42m wide by 64”/1.63m deep) takes up minimal room
• Adjustable headrig with fixed conveyor height (top of conveyor is 34”/86.36 cm above floor) for easy integration with other machinery
“ABXX” Band Resaw
Number of heads: 1
Guides: Baker Low-Profile Flat Guides System with hardened tool steel guide plates with rear backup roller.
Saw Dust Outlet: 6” x 6” (15.24 cm x 15.24 cm) square with a 90° chute to 4” (10.2 cm) diameter outlet, which can be rotated to serve four directions of discharge. 600 CFM recommended
Dimensions & Weight:
Length: 108 in. (2.74 m)
Width: 93¾ in. (2.38 m)
Height: 79 in. (2 m)
Weight: 3,000 lbs. (1,361 kg)
Main Drive Motor: 40 HP TEFC (29.83 kw TEFC)
Electrical: All 3-phase voltages available. Completely prewired. NEMA 12 enclosure with starter, disconnect and overload protection
Feedworks/Conveyor Hydraulic Motor: Driven by main engine. Hydraulics has 10-gallon reservoir, flow control valve for variable feed speed, filter, start/stop valve.
14’10” x 1” x 0.035” hardback or 14’10” x 1¼” x 0.035” hardback
Blade Tensioning:: Mechanical Spring
Band Wheels: Dynamically-balanced 28” (71 cm) all steel wheels.
Feedworks and Capacities
Feedworks: Rough-top belting and hold-down wheel driven by hydraulic motor powered by main engine.
Feed speed: Fully variable 0 to 95 fpm (0 to 29 m per minute)
Conveyor width: 16” (40.64 cm)
Material Capacity: 16” wide x 12” tall (40.64 cm x 30.48 cm)
Hold-down system: Hydraulically powered, extra-wide hold-down wheel system
• Digital Readout On Blade Height
• Non-powered rear Hold-Down
• Vulcanized, Seamless Flat-top Belting
• Hold-over Wheel
• Material Handling Conveyor
• Computer Setworks
• Return Conveyor
• Air Tensioning
• Tilting Feedworks with Degree Meter